Note taker: Lakshmi Ramaseshan
Participants: 6-7 members
Discussion / Key Concepts / Quotes / Revelations / Highlights
How do you track & estimate business value?
- How does a Management Team estimate business value? What models do you use for estimating?
- When developing new strategies or build on existing strategies having a business case is important
- Project Canvas or Lean Canvas is a simple way to understand the purpose/ROI of a project
- Measurable Success is important
- Having Stakeholders estimate bus. value using T-shirt sizing is appropriate just like developers estimate stories
- Relative Sizing/Estimating & having a baseline is a good way to bring about consistency with values over time
- It’s helpful for developers to know the value of a feature
- OKRs are a good way to start
- Doing Earned value vs. Traditional Cost/Value Mtg can be used
- SMEs are not the best estimator of value – it’s important to have them engage in conversations which not only determines value of an Epic/Feature, but also the Opportunity Cost of not being able to get it to Market at a certain time
- Build or Buy Decisions typically have a Business Value incorporated into the process since it’s the starting point of trying to figure out whether a team would build or buy
- Executive Dashboard like Valpak is the ideal = Encourage Your company or Team to take a Tour (Contact Stephanie Davis)
Recommendations / Next Steps / Actions
Great Article. Thank you for sharing! Really an awesome post for every one.
IEEE Final Year projects Project Centers in Chennai are consistently sought after. Final Year Students Projects take a shot at them to improve their aptitudes, while specialists like the enjoyment in interfering with innovation. For experts, it's an alternate ball game through and through. Smaller than expected IEEE Final Year project centers ground for all fragments of CSE & IT engineers hoping to assemble. Final Year Project Domains for IT It gives you tips and rules that is progressively critical to consider while choosing any final year project point.