This session focused on how to incorporate the UI design work into the development scrum process and facilitate better communication and efficiency.
- Have UX & Design spike stories within sprint
- QA approve acceptance criteria at the beginning of the sprint & Designer approve UX at the end of the sprint.
- Develop first then refine with the designer
- Dependency management is the key to building efficiency and collaboration between design and development
- Use SLACK (web app) for development team to collaborate and share their work with the design team during sprints
- Identify the core design elements needed by the development team at the beginning of the project – this will be the focus work for the design team
- Design lo-fidelity comps then hand off to the development team to build
- Work in 5-day Design Sprints then hand off to development team to build