Initiator: Catherine Peck-Phillips
Note taker: Christina Alonso
Discussion / Key Concepts / Quotes / Revelations / Highlights
- The dysfunction
- Dev teams are more interested or committed than other teams.
- Transparency is important.
- Some team members have a fear of process.
- People use buzz words, but are not really doing “it”
- Things get discussed at retro, but it doesn’t get resolved. Problems keep coming up retro after retro.
- Metrics can be good, but stay in tuned with how they react to metrics. If they like it, great! If not, use pictures or some other way to inform them w/o making the team feel bad/
- Know your team!! Learn what they respond well to.
- There are certain issues that should be addressed outside of retro–perhaps by the coach or manager only.
- Retro wiki
- Strengthfinder assessment
- Belbin (role based assessment)
- Myers Briggs personality assessment
- The Ideal Team Player (book by Patrick Lencioni)
Recommendations / Next Steps / Actions
- Things to keep in mind for Retros
- Create action items and assign them to someone (Scrum Master)
- Ensure there is actual value in the meetings
- Make retros anonymous. Let the environment be safe!
- Team should select what they want to discuss or to find a solution for.
- Mix up exercises to help the discussion and improve conversation.
- Make sure to stay focused on the topic being discussed…and timebox discussions to ensure all ideas are covered.
- Make time not just to complain, but to find a solution.
- Create list of impediments throughout the sprint, so you don’t forget them/
- Have someone record all good/bad things that happen in order to ensure that the “bad” things are also discussed.
- Review team improvements
- Let the team lead the discussion.
- Show data when Possible
- Establish groundrules for the retro before the meeting starts. (technology down)
- Retro techniques
- Use tastycupcakes.org for retro ideas.
- Take a walk, talk to someone new
- Try “escape rooms”
- Win, lose, or draw game
- Have teams draw how they felt throughout the sprint, and review with team
- Massage table–“massage” out issues
- The team must follow through with action items.
Quite Interesting post!!! Thanks for posting such a useful post. I wish to read your upcoming post to enhance my skill set, keep blogging.
web designing classes in chennai|web design training chennai
Some of the largest companies in the world are opting for this sort of employment and making it possible for an employee to maybe live in the US or UK and work for an organization in Japan or Australia.
Best mop for tiles
These all are notable facts… I stick with responsive website design for my business. With the mobile marketing is at its peak stage, having website that goes comfy on all devices will help your business. You can check my website for more details on the importance of responsive website design. PHP Training in Chennai | Best PHP training in Chennai | PHP Training Institute in Chennai
This is my first time i visit here. I found so many interesting stuff in your blog especially its discussion. From the tons of comments on your articles, I guess I am not the only one having all the enjoyment here keep up the good work Agile testing platform
I would like to appreciate your work
PHP Training institute in Chennai
Great Article. Thank you for sharing! Really an awesome post for every one.
IEEE Final Year projects Project Centers in Chennai are consistently sought after. Final Year Students Projects take a shot at them to improve their aptitudes, while specialists like the enjoyment in interfering with innovation. For experts, it's an alternate ball game through and through. Smaller than expected IEEE Final Year project centers ground for all fragments of CSE & IT engineers hoping to assemble. Final Year Project Domains for IT It gives you tips and rules that is progressively critical to consider while choosing any final year project point.