– Pair up; designate one person as Leader and the other as Follower (both people will get to experience both roles)
– Have a time-keeper in each pair who sets a timer for 15 minutes
– For those 15 minutes, the Follower follows the Leader (behind the leader, not side-by-side) in silence.
– After 15 minutes are up, reset the time, and the Follower and Leader switch roles. The second Leader should get the pair back to their starting point by the end of their 15 mins of leading.
– Note that is it not necessary for the Follower to copy the Leader's movements (though they may choose to do so), only that the Follower stays behind the Leader.
We debriefed with a lightweight form of the Liberating Structure, "What? So What? Now What?"